New from the Desert Southwest

Academy252

Hatching
7 Years
Aug 19, 2012
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I joined this forum a year ago in anticipation of chickens but we are finally getting some TODAY!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

We are getting five females

(3) What breeds do you have?

The owner did not know but I know three of them are Rhode Island Reds and the other two are little black hens... I will be finding out.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

a friend who owns chickens sent me the link to your site on Facebook.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I am a real chef but I also love to sew, garden, crochet, play and listen to lots of different kinds of music with my family, blog, and more...

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I am a wife to one band director/pastor (bivocational) and the mother of four ranging in age from 9 years to 20 years. We have one little kitty cat named Stormie. I am a former public school teacher who is now a homemaker, homeschooler and a chef (professionally trained in both cooking and baking) who runs a small bake shop of our home under the Texas Home Baker's Law and I do short term personal chef gigs for recovering patients/elderly and new moms when needed. I have a very cool life! :)

Hello from Oregon & welcome to BYC. Congrats on your new flock
jumpy.gif

welcome-byc.gif
This year I have 5 chickens a Partridge Silkie, 1 Sicilian Buttercup, 1 Blue Andalusian. and 2 White Leghorns. Last year 3 hens from my old flock disappeared/ were taken away from a fox, a friend now owns my old flock.

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Your life does sound very interesting and it's about to get even better, now you've got chickens. Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom