1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New from the land of oz

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Nikki#2, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Nikki#2

Nikki#2 ♣ The 25,000th Member ♣

Mar 14, 2009
    Hi I am from the land of Oz. My mother is Henry'schickens. We have had chickens for about a year now and just today we got 2 baby ducklings.[​IMG] And are learning how to take care of them. I've seen some stuff on here and done a lot of stuff with my mom on here. I like to play the games/jokes/riddles so she suggested I get an account of my own. So now I'm here.

2. shortcake1806

shortcake1806 Sassy McSassington

Sep 11, 2007
    Hello and [​IMG]

3. Terri

Terri Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2008
    Level Cross, NC
    welcome to BYC

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Welcome Nikki#2.

Ducklings are lots of fun. What kind did you get? I've got call ducks and my grandkids like to watch them.

5. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and congrats on your new baby ducks. [​IMG]

6. chickens4me

chickens4me Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    Welcome! Welcome! So glad you joined.

This is a fun place to learn, isn't it. [​IMG]

7. Nikki#2

Nikki#2 ♣ The 25,000th Member ♣

Mar 14, 2009
    Quote:We think they are mallards. But, we are not sure because the feed store just said hatchery choice. One is all black beak and feet. Do you know what that is? Thankyou for welcoming me also.

8. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    Welcome from North Carolina! Congratulations on being the 25,000 member!![​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Nikki#2 :

Quote:We think they are mallards. But, we are not sure because the feed store just said hatchery choice. One is all black beak and feet. Do you know what that is? Thankyou for welcoming me also.

It's hard to say what kind it is without seeing a picture, and even then sometimes it's hard to tell until they get a little older and start getting their feathers. I think Cayugas might have black feet and bill, but I've never had that kind so I'm not sure. No matter what kind it is you'll have fun with it.

By the way..... I'm from Kansas too. [​IMG]

10. n-da-woods

n-da-woods Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    North Carolina
    Hello [​IMG] and WELCOME to BYC

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by