New from the thumb of Michigan

PBEJ1

Hatching
Nov 29, 2015
Very excited to be here! Not new to raising chickens or ducks but to turkeys, peacocks and pheasants. Have my first pair of turkeys and will be getting my first pair of peacocks in a few weeks. Still learning on their needs and most likely will be asking for your help.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Definitely post on our Other Backyard Poultry section under the Forum at the top of the page and take advantage of our Turkey, Peafowl, and Pheasant experts there. If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

Very excited to be here! Not new to raising chickens or ducks but to turkeys, peacocks and pheasants. Have my first pair of turkeys and will be getting my first pair of peacocks in a few weeks. Still learning on their needs and most likely will be asking for your help.
Welcome To BYC! Glad hearing more people getting peafowl. If you have any questions about them just ask. I'd be more than happy to help. I have some experience with turkeys and going to try and get some pheasant chicks this spring. Pheasants and turkeys are similar to peafowl with their basic needs. All three of them are game birds and related. These are my peafowl, I have 6 of them.

This is the most updated picture of them.

Last edited:
Hello!

Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

Thank you for the welcome. Love your pics! What do your peacocks normally eat and I also read that they should be dewormed?

Thank you for the welcome. Love your pics! What do your peacocks normally eat and I also read that they should be dewormed?

Peafowl need a food source of at least 20% protein and no more than 30%. My peafowl are given a 22% protein. Yes it's recommended to worm them. Most people don't until something happens and sometimes that can be too late. It's best to worm them. I put garlic powder in a bowl every 3-6 months to worm them. Garlic has sulfur, sulfur kills parasites and parasites have a problem building an immunity to it. Peafowl need a 1-1.5% of calcium but I always give them the access to oyster shells incase they need a calcium boost when the cock is growing in his train and the hen begins laying.

Back
Top Bottom