1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New from Washington

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by essig, May 23, 2011.

1. essig

essig Out Of The Brooder

May 23, 2011
    Snohomish
    Hey, I'm new to the forum, but not too new to poultry. My wife and I have a five acre homestead outside of Snohomish, WA. We've been raising chickens for a few years and started turkeys this year. We have a couple goats, as well as cats and dogs. We've had a subscription to BYC for quiet a while, but we are becoming very interested in what people in other places are doing with their small farms. We are beginning to share our experiences too with others through blogs and the only tavern in town.

2. Cackling Hen

Cackling Hen Just Scratching Around

Apr 21, 2009
    Port Angeles Wa
    Welcometo BYC Im from Port Angeles Wa

3. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    [​IMG] [​IMG] from California

There are a few people that are new from Snohomish and I have to tell all of you, it's always been one of my favorite places in Washington.

No farm here, but about___????????? Ok a lot of birds. Plus the brooders, the incubators and have a hatch due today and not one pip yet.
    '
    Oh yeah. Chicks and eggs don't count, but I still don't know how many I have. They move too fast.

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG]

5. essig

essig Out Of The Brooder

May 23, 2011
    Snohomish
    Quote:Snohomish is fantastic and there are lots of great people here, we are actually closer to Machias which is small enough to miss driving through.

6. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. [​IMG]

7. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] and [​IMG] from S. Florida! Glad you joined us! [​IMG]

8. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

9. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    Quote:Snohomish is fantastic and there are lots of great people here, we are actually closer to Machias which is small enough to miss driving through.

I haven't been back there for years, but we spent every summer when I was growing up and I remember all the little towns. Lots of little towns there. I had cousins that lived in Sulkum??? I used to tease them about blinking and missing it. LOL We used to stay in Auburn, but visited a lot. I haven't been back in 20 years, but I was even surprised how much that place had grown.

So what breeds of chickens and turkeys do you have?

10. Pinkychick

Pinkychick Out Of The Brooder

May 23, 2011
    Quote:Welcome, I am new also to the forum and to raising chickens! I am from Mt. St. Helens area. Very excited to chit chat with ya'll! [​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by