New from WNC

Big Muddy

Hatching
Feb 15, 2016
Hello all My name is Muddy(barely remember my real name lol) I live in Western North Carolina and me and the wife have a small flock of chickens and are getting ready to take the next step and start hatching and raising our own. Mainly because I was tired of going to auctions and getting cast offs or buying from private or commercial breeders and paying top dollar for chickens. I am a disabled Navy Vet so I have all the time in the world to dedicate to my little flock. I grew up in KY working on a commercial chicken farm and we had about 14000 leghorns that we sold the eggs for hatching. Over the last year I have found that taking care of my chickens gives me an outlet to shift my focus away from my injuries and I get to provide for my family as well! Anyways I look to learn alot and make some new acquaintances and possibly even a friend or two... Thanks for having us!

Hi Muddy and a warm welcome to BYC - glad to have you onboard. I'm sure that you experience will be of great benefit to the whole membership, and you never know, you may pick up a couple of things yourself
smile.png
All being well, I'm hoping to get some white leghorns - most of my layers are dual purpose and whilst they lay like troopers, they sure tuck away feed!

All the best
CT

Hi :welcome Muddy

Glad you could join us here! I'm sure you will enjoy incubating and hatching, it's lots of fun and very rewarding too. I'm sure you will make lots of chickens friends here :D Everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC :frow

Back
Top Bottom