Administrator
BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Dec 26, 2006
California - SF East Bay
My Coop
My Coop
As some of you know we've been beta testing a new feature. One of the most frequently requested additions to BYC is the ability for members to enter and search by more specific geographic information.

We'll be rolling out more and more tools based on this new feature, for example, the ability to search for people selling a specific item in your area!

For now we're trying to get members to enter their geographic information (if they want). Here is how to update your geo info:

1) Click the "Profile" link in the main blue menu bar at the top of the screen.

2) Click on the link to the left that says "Personal"

3) At the bottom of the page enter as much specific information as you want: Country, State, Region.

For example, if I live in San Diego California I would select: United States, California, and the region would be "South" (because San Diego is in the southern portion of the state).

NOTE: You can enter as much or little info as you want. If you only want to post your state, you can leave "Region" blank.

NOTE 2: This geographic location is separate from the free form "Location" field. You can fill out both if you want.

Right now you can view the results of the data by searching the userlist for members that live in a specific area here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/userlist.php

Please
update your profile information. If you have any questions or feedback / suggestions please post them here.

Thanks!

I am excited about this, as it has been difficult to find BYC'er near me.
ya.gif

so is this info going to show up in the search results now when looking for your location?

ooops edited to add that i just seen the search feature i totally skipped that some how , well thanks now it iwll be easier for me to find people who may have hatching eggs close ot me as my eggs are due to hatch in a couple days

Last edited:
Fantastic feature! I tried it a week or so ago without much luck, I guess it was because many of us had not put our location in completely! Sure works wonderfully now, thank you!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom