New Girl in the Buff

ButtermilkMama

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 1, 2010
Hi,

I've been wanting chickens for years and I finally just overrode my husband's big NO. I've spent the last month planning and collecting coop materials and working on it on and off.
My homemade coop is almost done (for $20.56) and I took my daughter with me to the farm store yesterday to check out their chicken supplies. I had NO idea we'd be coming home with 4 Buff Orpington chicks!

I still have a month to get the coop caulked and painted, so no worries there. I AM worried about one of the chicks, who had poop stuck to her belly (not her butt). When it came off with a wet cloth, she had a big pink bump under there! This morning, it is smaller and drier-looking and I'm keeping an eye on all of their behavior together in case she needs to be separated.

There are loads of questions yet to be answered and new ones forming all the time, so this is a great place to be.

frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif
from Ohio. So glad you joined. I think you will like it here. There are a lot of great folks here.
thumbsup.gif

welcome-byc.gif
from Washington

like the title.
lol.png

Imp- sorry I can't answer your question about the chick. You may want to repost in the emergency section. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom