New girl on the block.

VegasGooseGirl

Hatching
5 Years
Sep 27, 2014
Hello,
I have been referring to this site for a few months now for all my goose questions and i have found some very good advice. I started my goose adventure with two geese ( one female white Chinese and one male buff.) As this summer here in the desert was very harsh we lost the male to heat stroke i think. We tried to introduce our female to our chickens but that didn't go over so well. Now she is a loner but she seams to prefer it that way. She is about six months old now and just laid her first egg!!! I didn't think she could at her age. Would it be any good for us to use? and how long will she continue to lay eggs?

Hi :welcome Glad you joined the flock. Sorry to hear you lost your male and it didn't go well introducing her to chickens. I'm afraid I've had no experience of geese apart from some guard geese chasing me when I was a kid!! https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/47/geese Here is the link for the geese section hope you find the answer to your question and good luck in the future :frow

Last edited:
Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Lots of Geese prefer to be "single". And it is best to keep the different species of fowl in their own quarters. Definitely post this question in our Geese section for more help with her. Yorkshire Coop has left you with the link.

Enjoy all your poultry adventures and welcome to our flock!

Well at least you know she is capable of laying eggs. I don't know how early geese start but, the folks on the goose thread will be able to fill you in. Welcome to BYC

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I'm sorry about the loss of your gander. Congratulations on getting that egg. I'm a chicken person and don't know much about geese, but definitely post on our geese section and take advantage of our geese experts there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your goose.

Welcome to BYC!

You will find a lot of good information here. Keep on asking questions and you will get many good answers.

You may also want to read the FAQ below.

Back
Top Bottom