new girl on the block

VegasGooseGirl

Hatching
5 Years
Sep 27, 2014
Hello,
I have been referring to this site for a few months now for all my goose questions and i have found some very good advice. I started my goose adventure with two geese ( one female white Chinese and one male buff.) As this summer here in the desert was very harsh we lost the male to heat stroke i think. We tried to introduce our female to our chickens but that didn't go over so well. Now she is a loner but she seams to prefer it that way. She is about six months old now and just laid her first egg!!! I didn't think she could at her age. Would it be any good for us to use? and how long will she continue to lay eggs?

Hello,
I have been referring to this site for a few months now for all my goose questions and i have found some very good advice. I started my goose adventure with two geese ( one female white Chinese and one male buff.) As this summer here in the desert was very harsh we lost the male to heat stroke i think. We tried to introduce our female to our chickens but that didn't go over so well. Now she is a loner but she seams to prefer it that way. She is about six months old now and just laid her first egg!!! I didn't think she could at her age. Would it be any good for us to use? and how long will she continue to lay eggs?
Seems Chinese do start to lay early and will even lay in fall and then again in spring so you have hit the jackpot. so to speak. lol

Goose eggs are Delicious they make awesome omelets, and can be used in baking 2 X large eggs= 1 Goose egg.

Very sorry about your loss but maybe in the spring you could get your lone goose a gosling to raise. They are great parents and she would probably enjoy having the company of another goose.

smile.png
Welcome to BYC

Back
Top Bottom