New Goats *PICS!*

yuckyuck.gif
yuckyuck.gif
yuckyuck.gif

th.gif

It's teats. Oh, and another pet peeve - it's an UDDER not a BAG. They're does, not nannies...and bucks, not billies.
old.gif

Black is pretty dominant. One thing I have learned though is that 75% of the time (here) the kid color follows the buck's genetics. So if you're hoping for buckskin kids...get a buckskin buck. If you want pinto markings, get a pinto buck. Want moonspots? Get a moonspotted buck.

Goat genetics are interesting, but not well documented. It's always a surprise, really.

Cool, thanks for the tips!

I was pretty frustrated when I would see these beautiful, crazy-colored goats online posted by people from other states...love the tri-colored pinto or whatever it's called and the moon spotted ones. But then I would look for goats for sale in my area and everyone just had the same plain boring colors. Lots of white goats, brown goats, black goats.

I was pretty excited to find these girls because they may be black and white but they are pretty 'loud' looking.
tongue.png

helmstead said:
It's teats. Oh, and another pet peeve - it's an UDDER not a BAG. They're does, not nannies...and bucks, not billies.

Thank you - it always bugs me to hear them called incorrectly and you have far more experience to set people straight then me. And another one that gets me... "utter"..
gig.gif

HA HA HA
I enjoyed reading this thread....but honestly what does it matter what you call the goats?

I have been breeding meat goats for over 10 years. One day I call it an udder, the next her bag. Then I say buck and then I say billy.
It surely doesn't matter...LOL

down south where I am it is always nanny and billy. I think it is endearing in a way.

but when people ask "what is a goat", like a cow or sheep?----I just say they part of the deer family and they are so surprised--I always get wierd looks..LOL

yuckyuck.gif

LOL--well if you admit it how can anyone get ticked off...LOL

yea I have my pet peeves also. but when I moved to NC all I ever hear is nanny and billy so I learned to go with the flow..HA HA..cause if I let it drive me insane I would be commited by now..HA HA

even in the classifieds it is always, 1 billy cross---1 nanny cross. 3 goat babies...LOL

to everyone who says nanny and billy--this is for you...
smack.gif

hehehehee...

-I just say they part of the deer family

Well, I don't really care what they call them as long as people know they are not part of the deer family, they are part of the giraffe family... a distant cousin to them actually.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom