New Goslings!

FeatherLace

Chirping
Apr 7, 2020
Waycross, Georgia
I got some new Chinese White goslings, FINALLY! I've been searching all around for weeks but the only ones I could find were 3 hours away selling for $30 per gosling! Then finally Tractor Supply got some in! I went today and snatched myself up a pair! I have them with my ducks, turkeys, and guineas right now in the brooder, and they are the cutest and fluffiest things! I'm pretty sure I got a male and a female. I only have one overhead pic of them all together right now so they can get used to their surroundings without being picked up and snapped pictures of every few minutes but ill take more in a few days. The "male" I picked because he was standing up right, loud, and rather large, and I got the "female" because she had a 'laying down' type posture, wasn't peeping as much as the bigger one, and was pretty small. And she had the cutest little cowlick on her head! If anyone replies and wants more pictures I can supply some! I have them with the heat lamp, starter feed with some fine grit mixed in, and water with "Hydro-Hen 3-in-1" mixed in. Any more tips?

Attachments

• 20200521_134254.jpg
    20200521_134254.jpg
    807.5 KB · Views: 9
I got some new Chinese White goslings, FINALLY! I've been searching all around for weeks but the only ones I could find were 3 hours away selling for $30 per gosling! Then finally Tractor Supply got some in! I went today and snatched myself up a pair! I have them with my ducks, turkeys, and guineas right now in the brooder, and they are the cutest and fluffiest things! I'm pretty sure I got a male and a female. I only have one overhead pic of them all together right now so they can get used to their surroundings without being picked up and snapped pictures of every few minutes but ill take more in a few days. The "male" I picked because he was standing up right, loud, and rather large, and I got the "female" because she had a 'laying down' type posture, wasn't peeping as much as the bigger one, and was pretty small. And she had the cutest little cowlick on her head! If anyone replies and wants more pictures I can supply some! I have them with the heat lamp, starter feed with some fine grit mixed in, and water with "Hydro-Hen 3-in-1" mixed in. Any more tips?
They are adorable. As for grit don't mix it into their feed. Just put a small bowl close to their feed and they will use as needed. If using starter for chicks they need extra niacin in the form of Nutritional yeast just sprinkle over their feed it won't hurt your other poultry. 1 Tab to each cup of feed. for 10week. waterfowl need alot more niacin then chicks do.

They are adorable. As for grit don't mix it into their feed. Just put a small bowl close to their feed and they will use as needed. If using starter for chicks they need extra niacin in the form of Nutritional yeast just sprinkle over their feed it won't hurt your other poultry. 1 Tab to each cup of feed. for 10week. waterfowl need alot more niacin then chicks do.
Oh, where can I get the yeast?

Most health food stores carry it I order off Amazon. You don't want bakers yeast make sure it's nutritional yeast. I think I read someone said Trader Joes and Whole Foods also have it in bulk.

They are adorable ❤ Please put something down over that wire or your going to have feet troubles little cuts can cause bumble foot!
Don't worry, the other side of the brooder you see with the lamp has hardware cloth over it to insulate heat and be a bit softer, and I check the babies over daily. If I notice any of them getting sore feet or any kind of cut or scratch from the flooring, I will definitely change it. But I took extra care when making the brooder to seal all edges and sand down any sharp bits

Back
Top Bottom