New Guinea - Hen (check), Breed/Color (undecided) - Anymore Help?

Louieandthecrew

I am actually a female!
9 Years
Jun 21, 2010
God placed me in this world
The other day one of the workers saw a stray Guinea on the side of the road so he took it back here and put it in our chicken pen
hide.gif
I have only one picture and it isn't the best, but here it is:
61209_guiness.jpg

Any ideas unto breed, color, or anything else I should know?
Thanks!
Louie.

PS. More info is aquired. Before answering, please consider reading over the new material in the following pages
wink.png

Last edited:
Away to spot a hen or roo(instead of the buckwheat yell) is the waddles.Those flappy things on the sides of their faces.Our hen has them closer to her face and smaller,while the roo has them open and way far out and bigger.
big_smile.png

Quote:
This, as well as the "Buck-wheat!" cry advice will help you figure out the gender! I was surprised that when a male guinea showed up at my house, I could tell immediately that he was a male in comparison with my hens.
smile.png
Anyway, your guinea's color appears to be lavender pied--very pretty! I'm thinking it might be a hen based off that one picture, but it's hard to say for certain unless we could see the head better.

oh you will know if its a hen, they are so much noisier than the roos, they make the two sylable "buck wheat" alllllllllll the time. mine do anyway. the roo i have is real loud too but just does a one sylable "cheep" repeatedly if something sets him off.

terrilhb, once mine start laying/hatching i could send you eggs!! im am right on the NC/SC line.

Okay, I know that it's a hen! I just went to the coop and after not checking for eggs for three days Tiny, my Red Sex Link hen, gave me three eggs and Guiness (The Guinea) has givin us one tiny, light tan egg
smile.png
Any ideas on color or breed, though?

Back
Top Bottom