new guy but long time lurker.

one more side done. Two to gom

Oh yes, wonderful... Love the plant under the window.. Hope you put them on the coop fourum.. :frow

The roof was my favorite part. I wanted a rusted old tin roof. With no luck on any reclaimed material I found a company in Georgia that will sell roofing "bare skin" that will rust very quickly. It was only $100 for the roof material. The shipping is was another story.

The roof was my favorite part. I wanted a rusted old tin roof. With no luck on any reclaimed material I found a company in Georgia that will sell roofing "bare skin" that will rust very quickly. It was only $100 for the roof material. The shipping is was another story.
Can you seal the surface somehow after it gets the desired look? I would imagine those rust through pretty quickly otherwise. Maybe some car lacquer?

Can you tell me how big your coop is? mine is gonna be 8x8, build starts this Sunday. I ask because we are gonna use ply wood for the walls but I'm not sure how I wanna finish it. I see you sealed over what I'm guessing is plywood (which grade did u use) then applied the pallet wood as siding, is that correct.? Also, what nails or screws did you use to apply the "siding" ?

I really like the look. I've already bought the paint for the wood so it wouldn't matter if I used a combo of new/old pallets, but, how many did your take (whole pallets I mean).

Thanks for sharing

Back
Top Bottom