New Guy

coupe-d-lux

Chirping
Jun 22, 2015
I am new to this site and I'll be having questions as time goes by. I'm also new to raising chickens. I started off building a coop from a picture in a magazine. It turned out to be a much bigger coop than the actual coop in the magazine. I raised eight checks and there now about 10 weeks old and one turned out to be a rooster and I lost one Chicken to a predator a few weeks ago. I'm glad I found this site.

welcome-byc.gif
Sorry to hear about the loss. Don't worry about the coop being a bit larger- chicken math is sure to kick in soon.
wink.png

Glad you joined!

Did the attack happen before you got the coop/run done? There are a lot of sites to look at to help you fool proof your place for your chickens. Ideas I wouldn't have thought of for sure. Good luck, enjoy your chickens. :)

The coop has a preditor proof chicken run, but I try to let them out to 'free range' in the evening. I stay with them til they retire inside...except one time I had to go in the house for about 90 min. I came back out and found the chicken had been attacked.

Back
Top Bottom