New Hampshire - LIVE FREE or DIE

I agree - crazy rule! Though I do understand the reasoning (heard the same thing someone else posted about Easter.)

I'm not even supposed to have 'farm animals' (thinking how I can get around that definition
lol.png
) so I wouldn't be able to buy 12 at once. You'd have to know someone you could do a group buy with.
roll.png

Just joined this site today because I want to start raising chickens here in NH, and collecting as much info as I can before hand. I knew there was a limit, but in my opinion 12 is a lot. would like to help change the law on this. BTW nice site. now to go check out coop designs.

Does anyone know how this breaks down to individual towns? I live in Manchester (outskirts not inner city) and want to have a few birds on my property. I just don't want the city to take them away or fine me.

I dont understand, I orderd 5 chicks from a hatchery, due to arrive soon, will they not be delivered as I am in NH, will they open the box and count my peeps?

Quote:
Well in my NH city I looked up the ordinances and for residential neighborhoods we are allowed 10 chickens and Zero roosters...so if I need to buy 12, I wouldnt be able to keep all 12 on my property. I know many people in my own neighborhood who have 5 or less chickens on their property.

Quote:
Well in my NH city I looked up the ordinances and for residential neighborhoods we are allowed 10 chickens and Zero roosters...so if I need to buy 12, I wouldnt be able to keep all 12 on my property. I know many people in my own neighborhood who have 5 or less chickens on their property.

I know with My Pet Chicken in some towns you are allowed as little as 3 chicks so I don't see a problem if you are allowed ten but are only getting five.......
idunno.gif
idunno.gif

That is where the chicken swaps come in. We have them every weekend in different parts of N.H.
This weekend we are in Tilton at Tractor Supply 9-1 and Sunday we are in Derry at Tractor Supply 9-1
There is always someone there with ducks, bunnies and chickens. Some times even goats and pigs.
Hope to see you there.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom