new hampshire spring chat thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Chick Magnet

Songster
11 Years
Sep 16, 2008
New Hampshire
I would like to thank everybody for all the fun I have had this year at swaps. I have learned alot and have many beautiful birds because of you all.
to the best of my knowledge there are 3 events left this season in NH.
I would like a place to talk about these events in a positive manner.
If ANYONE is not positive and complementrary( be it a new egg with 1 post or a seasoned veteran byc poster) I will close this thread.

Last edited:
To all the people I have gotten birds from:
If I got a bird from you this season it probably bears your name. We have alot of members with very pretty names so I decided to use them. Here is a list of some of my kids, I will probably forget some and have not named them all yet. see if you can guess who I got them from. How well do you know everyone?

speckled sussex- Sheree
belgian antwerp- Wendy
ee- Austin
ee- Brandy
frizzled polish- Lady Heather
millie d'uccle roo- Wayne
white d'uccle hen- Darbella
belgian antwerp- Laura
ee mix- Firedove
red frizzle- rosebud
white frizzle- lisa
partridge silkie- Jen
japanese cross- Shannon
splash cochin mix- Cheryll
mottled d'uccle- Tammie

I have a couple of new ones on the way, I think one will be Cindy and 1 will have to be Taxi.
oh and Cheryll,tell the hubby that I plan to name one of the Girls (I am out of boys) Dawnie.

Last edited:
To all which do the swaps, I've had alot of fun at the ones I attended.

I've attended 3 of them, one during the summer in Keene area, that was in poor weather and no-one fell in love with any rabbit I brought. I went home with 4 more than I brought, which was not exactally what I was expecting.

At the last 2 I attended I brought 20 rabbits at each swap and sold 2 at each. Again not exactally what I expected to happen, but gained alot of new freinds and found out how the swaps work. I found this site and can look forward to the swaps in the spring.

I just wanted everyone to know how I find the new freindships and entertainment through Backyard chicken.

Will be waiting for spring to join everyone at the swaps again.
Neva

Quote:
Neva, you have some really beautiful bunnies. I still can not get over how blue the eyes are. If I ever decide I want bunnies you bet you are the one I will be looking for. Would you mind if I named one of my chicks after you? I really like your name. I have never heard it before.

The swaps have been a lot of fun and hope next spring we can do some more on my side of town. I love talking chicken with you all
hugs.gif

Quote:
hi siz, at the last Chichester swap someone told me your online name. now I can put name and face together which is great! I hope there are swaps next spring closer to you. It is so much easier when there is no long drive. you get to sleep longer! perhaps with 2 people organizing swaps plus new tractor supply stores opening, there will be some a little closer to home for you.
by the way, early in the season I swapped some eggs with you. I had a good hatch. I got 3 neked necks. I did not know that was a possibility. I was beyond excited!!! I kept one for myself. she is red with a small head crest. she looks like a halloween character so I named her Oc-to-bria. thanks for the swap!

Quote:
Oh That Wayne...he is a handsome rooster isn't he!!! LOL...Hey, don't you have need a rooster named Greg???

Wayne is a handsome little devil. he is such a peanut and so friendly! he is high on my pecking order. He followes me around everywhere. he always has something to say,even when he mouth is full. kind of walks around behind me grumbling like he is telling me how to do things. Did I give him the correct name?
I already have a big rooster named Greg. There is a one per household limit. I am all set thankyou very much.
hugs.gif

I'd be honored to have a chicken named after me, even though I do not raise chickens.

The blue eyed bunny is named NIOBE. Meaning bright blue in Africian.
Thought it was fitting.

I look for odd names all over the world and use them whenever it fits with the bunnies.

Neva

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom