New Hampshire!!

Or you could always come to the Chicken Swaps every weekend!!
thumbsup.gif

Hi Nancy! Nice to meet you as well. I'm over by the Chester line in a newer subdivision. We're lucky to be in zone "B" resi/agri and have 3+ acres. I don't think the rest of the neighbors understood what that meant until the "Clampetts" moved in and started filling their back yard with animals, lol. They're the type who are very meticulous and I had a bit of a problem with a couple of neighbors until the building rep explained to them that they had moved into zone B. The hubby and kids just got me an incubator for mothers day and I have some BCM eggs coming in the beginning of next week. I was thinking of putting some silkie eggs in there as well as I might as well fill the 'bator (chicken math).

Ha ha ha
lol.png
Chicken math strikes again! I wish I had the space for more! I always thought if I kept my coop a certain size that I would be restricted from having too many. Now I wishI had a bigger coop! How nice that you have all that space for your birds. I only have one acre, but it is plenty of room for my restricted sized flock....lol :)
We should meet sometime. I think it would be fun.
Nancy

Hopping in on the thread here from Hooksett.
Grew up raising chickens but havent had them in over 20 years. Now with 2 little girls and a ton of land, I thought it would be a great thing to have them experience as well. We have 4 EE chicks about 3 weeks old, 2 Buff Brahmas about 4 1/2 weeks and just got one BCM that looks to be a little over a week or so. Coop was delivered from agway last week and now just have to paint and pretty it up :)
Nice to see so many NH people!

Hopping in on the thread here from Hooksett.
Grew up raising chickens but havent had them in over 20 years. Now with 2 little girls and a ton of land, I thought it would be a great thing to have them experience as well. We have 4 EE chicks about 3 weeks old, 2 Buff Brahmas about 4 1/2 weeks and just got one BCM that looks to be a little over a week or so. Coop was delivered from agway last week and now just have to paint and pretty it up :)
Nice to see so many NH people!
Hi Jenikate! Welcome to this site! You will find a ton of useful information to help you get started. There are also many willing folks to help answer your questions as they arise on the forum. Nice to meet you neighbor!
wee.gif

Nancy
cool.png

Yes, we should as we're so close. Just had the state out today to test the birds. One of the kids had let them out of the coop this morning and I could only catch 1/2. They're coming back in a couple of weeks to test the others first thing in the morning before they go out for the day. Worked on my raised coop and added stairs yesterday for easy access.

Back
Top Bottom