New Hampshire!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by ponygal12, Dec 13, 2009.

1. puglady

puglady Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2012
    NH
    You may want to check with 1 chick magnet here as I think I have seen her at the swaps with some. Is she doesn't have them she'll most likely know someone who does.

2. nhnanna

nhnanna Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    The chicken coop
    We have frizzles here if you are interested. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. GoodwinMaine

GoodwinMaine Out Of The Brooder

Aug 14, 2011
    Buxton, Maine
    Yes nhnanna! I am very interested. I am finding that I will have to travel either way. I just told hubby that it seems like it would be a better trip over to you than up to beyond Bangor. Been there, done that... a few times. Never been your way though!

4. coolcanoechic

coolcanoechic Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi Chicken Techie,
    Your set up sounds fantastic! Perhaps you could post some pictures in your album? I'd love to see it! I live in Raymond, which is not far from you and I boat in Goffstown quite often when there is water in the river.

5. kkschu

kkschu Out Of The Brooder

Feb 5, 2011
    Rumney, NH
    Thanks puglady!!
    I decided to leave the chick with mamma and she is doing a great job!! They are out with the rest of the flock and she watches over her like a hawk! So it looks like I don't need a buddy. But thank you!
    What I do need is to find someone with an egg that's due to hatch soon that they may be willing to part with. I have a broody who has been sitting on an egg for 26 days. There is something in there, but I suspect that it has died. :) And she is such a good broody hen. Barely moves a muscle except to adjust the eggs or grab a bite to eat. I really would like her to hatch one after sitting all this time, but I can't let her sit there for another 3 weeks. The heat really took a toll on her. So if you have any or know anyone who does, please let me know.

Kelly :)

6. Singlemaple

Singlemaple Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2010
    Merrimack NH
    Hey everyone!

I just found the thread and wanted to say hi :)

I live in Southern NH.... Merrimack to be exact.... anyone close to me?

I currently have around 90 chickens I started with 6 five years ago and then my dad found out about swaps and realized he LOVED chickens i hated them until about a year ago now i can't get enough there so fun to watch..

also nhnanna did i buy a lavander Americana rooster from you at the Milford swap?

and for anyone new to chickens there is sooooooo much stuff you can learn on this site alone, practically everything i know about chickens is from all the awesome people on this forum.

have a great night
    - Hanaah

7. coolcanoechic

coolcanoechic Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi Hanaah,
    I work in Merrimack. Nice to meet you!
    I'm Nancy

8. holyhart

holyhart Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2012
    New Hampshire
    Hi Hanaah, [​IMG]

I grew up in Merrimack (my parents still live there). Live in Pembroke now, but I go to Merrimack fairly often to visit my parents. Are you still in school?

9. Singlemaple

Singlemaple Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2010
    Merrimack NH
    Hi Nancy!

holyhart ... I'm actually home schooled so yes i am in school. what area of Merrimack did you grow up?

10. nhnanna

nhnanna Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    The chicken coop
    Yes, he is a Lavender Ameraucana. Hope you are enjoying him.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by