New Hampshire!!

You may want to check with 1 chick magnet here as I think I have seen her at the swaps with some. Is she doesn't have them she'll most likely know someone who does.

We have frizzles here if you are interested.
thumbsup.gif

Yes nhnanna! I am very interested. I am finding that I will have to travel either way. I just told hubby that it seems like it would be a better trip over to you than up to beyond Bangor. Been there, done that... a few times. Never been your way though!

i too am new to both chickens and this site as a member, i have read here plenty of times before but never joined til today. Im in Goffstown and this is the first year i have had chickens. I did a ton of research before i built my first coop but i am told i did really well by chicken people and my chickens seem happy. i have 12 rhode island reds for eggs, 1 japanese bantam black/white just because my wife likes him, and soon to be raising a flock of meat chickens which is why im building a chicken tractor now. I always wanted chickens but my wife didn't, but she gave in when she saw their "cute little squeeking bodies" and i got the 12 on my birthday. now they are "her" chickens because she has claimed them and she wanted the rooster, boy how her outlook has changed.... I didn't want the chickens to be a huge chore and for us to get sick of them sort of speak so i designed the coop for efficiency and also build it reuseing alot of materials, it has a 35lb feeder i made for less than $10, a 5 gallon capacity waterer useing chicken watering nipples which will be heated by a bird bath heater in winter and they love it, and i made the floor of the coop a huge litter pan that slides out the side of the coop (4'X8' coop). i can literally not go to the coop for more than a week and they still have plenty of food and water and the floor isn't really messy at all, i built in alot of ventilation so it will stay dry. its wired for electricity for winter lighting, the auto coop door, the water heater, and the ip camera. the camera is nice because we can see the inside of the coop on our cell phones/computer like a nanny cam and make sure all 13 got inside before the door closed (it has night vision) and i can check the food level and the temperature from the big thermometer i put inside the coop. and attached is a 12'x12' dog kennel with ground and sky protection from predators. i like the coop and the chickens are soo easy now, i know when they start laying in a month or two i will have to go out and collect eggs but thats rewarding and i think it will be fun anyway. im glad to see soooooo many people are raising chickens!
Hi Chicken Techie,
Your set up sounds fantastic! Perhaps you could post some pictures in your album? I'd love to see it! I live in Raymond, which is not far from you and I boat in Goffstown quite often when there is water in the river.

Kelly, did you find a buddy for yours? I don't advertise younger ones mainly because of the state laws, still a no-no until 7/21. I did have a batch come in from Ideal though that may be right around the same age though.
Thanks puglady!!
I decided to leave the chick with mamma and she is doing a great job!! They are out with the rest of the flock and she watches over her like a hawk! So it looks like I don't need a buddy. But thank you!
What I do need is to find someone with an egg that's due to hatch soon that they may be willing to part with. I have a broody who has been sitting on an egg for 26 days. There is something in there, but I suspect that it has died. :) And she is such a good broody hen. Barely moves a muscle except to adjust the eggs or grab a bite to eat. I really would like her to hatch one after sitting all this time, but I can't let her sit there for another 3 weeks. The heat really took a toll on her. So if you have any or know anyone who does, please let me know.

Kelly :)

Hey everyone!

I just found the thread and wanted to say hi :)

I live in Southern NH.... Merrimack to be exact.... anyone close to me?

I currently have around 90 chickens I started with 6 five years ago and then my dad found out about swaps and realized he LOVED chickens i hated them until about a year ago now i can't get enough there so fun to watch..

also nhnanna did i buy a lavander Americana rooster from you at the Milford swap?

and for anyone new to chickens there is sooooooo much stuff you can learn on this site alone, practically everything i know about chickens is from all the awesome people on this forum.

have a great night
- Hanaah

Hey everyone!

I currently have around 90 chickens I started with 6 five years ago and then my dad found out about swaps and realized he LOVED chickens i hated them until about a year ago now i can't get enough there so fun to watch..

also nhnanna did i buy a lavander Americana rooster from you at the Milford swap?

and for anyone new to chickens there is sooooooo much stuff you can learn on this site alone, practically everything i know about chickens is from all the awesome people on this forum.

have a great night
- Hanaah
Hi Hanaah,
frow.gif

I grew up in Merrimack (my parents still live there). Live in Pembroke now, but I go to Merrimack fairly often to visit my parents. Are you still in school?

Hey everyone!

have a great night
- Hanaah
Yes, he is a Lavender Ameraucana. Hope you are enjoying him.

Back
Top Bottom