New Hampshire!!

holyhart ... I'm actually home schooled so yes i am in school. what area of Merrimack did you grow up?
All of it! LOL!
big_smile.png
I think I have lived in 5 different homes in Merrimack. What I would consider "home" would be where my parents live now off of Patten Rd. How about you?

I homeschool my children too!
love.gif

my girls are doing sooooooooooooo well thanks to all the information on this site. :)

i'm heading out of town for work for the next week, and i'm going to miss their funny little feathery antics.

Holyhart.... yeah it's a very different experience to be home schooled then to go to public school... i think my parents made a good choice cause i am doing very well now and it's all thanks to them.

Ive lived in the same house since i was 4 months old so yeah only one place i call home and it's in east Merrimack and i love it.

Hi Chicken Techie,
Your set up sounds fantastic! Perhaps you could post some pictures in your album? I'd love to see it! I live in Raymond, which is not far from you and I boat in Goffstown quite often when there is water in the river.
thanks, i did tons of research then thought about how i could make chickens easy and so far it has worked very well for us, i will get some pictures up there, it isn't the best looking coop but lets face it, its a chicken coop. i have no problem showing off my coop, expecially if it can help someone else with their coop and make chickens better for them, im not sure yet how to send a direct message to someone but if you know how send me you number and maybe we can meet up, its always good to meet other chicken people!

Thanks puglady!!
I decided to leave the chick with mamma and she is doing a great job!! They are out with the rest of the flock and she watches over her like a hawk! So it looks like I don't need a buddy. But thank you!
What I do need is to find someone with an egg that's due to hatch soon that they may be willing to part with. I have a broody who has been sitting on an egg for 26 days. There is something in there, but I suspect that it has died. :) And she is such a good broody hen. Barely moves a muscle except to adjust the eggs or grab a bite to eat. I really would like her to hatch one after sitting all this time, but I can't let her sit there for another 3 weeks. The heat really took a toll on her. So if you have any or know anyone who does, please let me know.

Kelly :)

Sorry, none right now however I have ordered more day olds that will ship next Wed and have been arriving on Friday mornings. Pls pm me if interested.

I just found this section and have read have learned so much. I live in Amherst, and have just started the chicken raising. I have 8 Rhode Island Red crosses, and just got 8 more chicks at Blue Seal 3 and one half weeks ago. They are all doing well. We are preparing one stall for our winter coop. Any advice would be appreciated. Also, the chicks don't look anything like the RIR that I have. Their feathers are coming in fast abd they resemble the coloring of a bald eagle, except their head feathers haven't come in yet.

Also anxious about when/how to intetgrate them. Suggestions welcome there also.

I love this site. It is fill with so much information.

Thanks.

Deezle

Also anxious about when/how to intetgrate them. Suggestions welcome there also.
I love this site. It is fill with so much information.
Thanks.
Deezle
Deezle,
Birds don't care about age... it's size. As long as the birds are the same size, you can go ahead and try to put them together. It's best to put the new birds in the coop with the existing ones just after dark and then check on them at first light in the morning. As long as there aren't any major injuries, you should be good to go. There will be some fighting, that's OK, they are establishing pecking order... but you don't want a blood bath. If they appear to be fighting more than you like, you can pull the new birds out during the day and try it again that night... keep repeating for a few nights and you should be good to go.

Back
Top Bottom