New Hampshire!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by ponygal12, Dec 13, 2009.

1. chicken pickin

chicken pickin Overrun With Chickens

Mar 3, 2012
    Im new to raising chickens also we got our 1st 12 in feb. I love them they are my girls. We built their coop from plans and I love the turn out. W just had one of our white plymouth rocks start laying last tues at 19 weeks weve collected 3 eggs so far. We also started on turkeys we have 2 10 week old broad breasted white turkeys that will be processed in prob oct and they will join us for thanksgiving and christmas dinner. Im sad to see them go though. they are sweet we built their house and run out of recycled materials. We also just got 5 Bourbon Red turkey poults who are 3 weeks oland sooo cute. We will hopefully keep theses porvided we have a good tom to hen ratio and breed them so we can always be provided our own home raised turkey meat we also are building this turkey house out of pallets and scrap wood and then alsosome new waterials the run will be 5ft tall chainlink fence with pvc piping and aviary netting over the top. Then coming in the mail either tomorrow or wed we will recieve 26 broilers we built them a chicken tractor out of scrap wood also we call this one the ugly shack lol. We have taken a lot on in a short time but poultry is so rewarding. I enjoy their company and we love tending to them. My 3 daughters are very involved in all of this also and it warms my heart to see them enjoy this experience also.

Welcome to BYC and the world of poultry

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  2. kkschu

kkschu Out Of The Brooder

Feb 5, 2011
    Rumney, NH
    Thanks Tony KT! Sorry, I thought I had answered this post, but upon finally having a minute to catch up, I see I haven't! Thanks for the tip. Sadly I don'f really get to talk to my mail lady, so I don't know if it is Tammy. i will check the next time I see her though.

Thanks again!

Kelly

3. Chicken Techie

Chicken Techie Out Of The Brooder

Jul 16, 2012
    Goffstown NH
    thats awesome and it sounds like we are in the same boat, new to egg chickens and doing a broiler run, im hoping it goes well for both of us, loks like im doing 33 broilers and i migh be getting 5 more egg hens free if things work out, glad to see im not the only one enjoying chickens in nh

4. PulletSurpriseWinner

PulletSurpriseWinner Out Of The Brooder

Jun 27, 2011
    I live in Alton Bay. It's good to see so many other NH chicken fans here!

5. aceschix

aceschix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2009
    New Hampshire
    [​IMG]

6. puglady

puglady Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2012
    NH
    Kelly, did you find a buddy for yours? I don't advertise younger ones mainly because of the state laws, still a no-no until 7/21. I did have a batch come in from Ideal though that may be right around the same age though.

7. chicken pickin

Mar 3, 2012
    Are the state laws changing?

8. blackbirds13

blackbirds13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2010
    Southern New Hampshire
    Yes! The minimum quantity on day old chicks will no longer be required when selling or buying. So if you just want 1 or a pair of day olds you will be able to do that.

1 person likes this.
  9. chicken pickin

Mar 3, 2012
    Really!? Wow so no minimun at all? That sounds nice for those who only need a few or want to add one or 2 to an existing flock.

10. GoodwinMaine

GoodwinMaine Out Of The Brooder

Aug 14, 2011
    Buxton, Maine
    Hey all... creepin around on this thread even though I'm from Maine. Hard to find "buy, sell, swap" local... I'm looking for FRIZZLES!! I can't stop thinking about them since seeing pics. Crazy cute birds! :) If anyone knows of anyone who has some I would really appreciate some info. Thanks in advance.

[​IMG] Howdy neighbors!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by