New Hampshire!!

Hi All!
frow.gif

I hope everyone is having a great Spring so far. It is great to see the sun!!

I have many chicks available here on the farm. Most from 1 to 6 weeks old. These are all breeder flocks... no hatchery birds.
Egga hatching weekly.

LF Cochins:
smooth and a few frizzle.
Black and Mottled.

Marans BBS Birchen and Copper

I have a few pairs available.

I have extra cockerels too.

Also,we have hatching eggs available from time to time.

Contact me with any interest.

Last edited:
I am so upset! Just picked my chicks up from the post office and 21 out of 41 chicks are dead! And I'm sure I will lose more before the day is done. What a horrible sight to open that box and see all those dead babies. Horrible!
Am so sorry for the loss of birds. Hoping that you get many healthy chicks from the remaining few and that Meyer does well by your losses. I have used Meyer with great results and hope that they take good care of you.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I lost several more over night, I'm pretty upset obviously. I have had good luck with Meyers in the past, I hope this is just a terrible fluke. Hope everyone else's chicks arrive safe and sound!

Angie

I am so upset! Just picked my chicks up from the post office and 21 out of 41 chicks are dead! And I'm sure I will lose more before the day is done. What a horrible sight to open that box and see all those dead babies. Horrible!

WOW, thats horrible, I really hope the rest of your chicks are ok. We got a shipment of a total of 27 chicks from murry mcmurry 2 weeks ago. all were alive when i got them but 2 had bum legs and died within a day or two, then we lost 2 others that seemed healthy so im not sure why they died. the 4 we lost all passed within 48 hours of getting them. I think the two with the leg issues was probably from shipping. The rest of the chicks are doing great and growing well in our "new" makeshift brooker. the divider in there is for the 4 meaties. Since they hatchery didn't have any white leghorns, we went to tractor supply and got them and 2 ducks. tractor supply has a minimum of 6/purchase, and all of them have been fine. and yes they like to play on the slide....

Sorry to hear of your loss, we had a similar experience lately with shipped eggs, the post office held the eggs over the weekend, so a shipment that normally should have only
taken 3 days, took 5 days. We thought for certain we wouldn't get any of these eggs to hatch, luckily 9 of the 15 did hatch !!
So the Post Office is definitely getting slower, and not has conscientious with their packages.

I'm having some bad luck with chicks! I just picked up some meaties to replace the ones that died. I should have waited! I went to this dive of a feed store I have never been to, when I opened the door and lost my breath from the amonia smell I should've turned and left. But no, I bought chicks. The chicks were all stacked in containers, no heat lights, no food, no water and dead and dying ones in with them. The place was so cold the girl at the counter had a jacket on! Not to mention the chicks were starving as they sat there eating onion rings. It was insanity, I will never be going back there!!!

Back
Top Bottom