New Hampshire!!

Got my NPIP number!
wee.gif
NH-225.

Now just need spring to rear it's mighty head.
I'm ready.

The ticks better be less this year.
wink.png
Congrats!!!! Very exciting!

I think I might look into NPIP soon also.

It was free. After I got my test results back I just emailed/called Cindy at the Dept of Agri. She sent me the paperwork and codes via email . I filled it out, emailed back to her and she forwarded it to where-ever and TA-DA! Got my number in a matter of days. So easy. The npip testing is free until the end of the month as I've heard the grant runs out then. After that it's $50 to test up to 50 birds I believe.

Last edited:
It was free. After I got my test results back I just emailed/called Cindy at the Dept of Agri. She sent me the paperwork and codes via email . I filled it out, emailed back to her and she forwarded it to where-ever and TA-DA! Got my number in a matter of days. So easy. The npip testing is free until the end of the month as I've heard the grant runs out then. After that it's $50 to test up to 50 birds I believe.
What all do they test? I have turkeys, chickens, a broody hen about to hatch chicks, chicks in 2 brooders in the house, and also eggs in the incubator. DO they need to test those all? And do they practice good biosecurity like only one npip visit a day as to not track anyone elses poultry debris to someone elses property and do they wear shoe covers or use a water bleach solution for there shoes? I know a lot of questions sorry.

What all do they test? I have turkeys, chickens, a broody hen about to hatch chicks, chicks in 2 brooders in the house, and also eggs in the incubator. DO they need to test those all? And do they practice good biosecurity like only one npip visit a day as to not track anyone elses poultry debris to someone elses property and do they wear shoe covers or use a water bleach solution for there shoes? I know a lot of questions sorry.

They were doing more than one visit on the day they came here. They dress in one of those lab suits with the zipper and have yellow muck boots, gloves etc. Looked like she was going into a clean room. The chair and the boots are sanitized in a bleach solution before going onto where you keep the birds. On the way out they take the suit off and use the bleach solution on the chair and boots again. I'm sure I'm forgetting some things she wiped down with the bleach solution. All of it was done in my driveway and not near the chicken yard.

avian infuenza and typhoid pullorum. I also had mine tested for MS and MG last year which did cost a bit more, I think $2 a bird. They test birds 20 weeks and older.

Last edited:
This is the key...
thumbsup.gif
. You have to request the additional paperwork. Many people get tested, get the blue card from the State, and think they are done... there is one more, important free step. Filling out the NPIP paperwork after your test results.

Oh, and the grant has expired every March for as long as we have been doing this... they renew it every year....so far.

This is the key...
thumbsup.gif
. You have to request the additional paperwork. Many people get tested, get the blue card from the State, and think they are done... there is one more, important free step. Filling out the NPIP paperwork after your test results.

Oh, and the grant has expired every March for as long as we have been doing this... they renew it every year....so far.
Does anyone have contact info to get NPIP tested?

Hey I live in Rindge, NH. Does anyone know where I can get a few Silkie female chicks in NH?

Thanks

Katdevost

Back
Top Bottom