New Hampshire!

That is one of mine? His comb looks winter trimmed already.....
yep and nope, just a wicked blurry pic, thats the one with the single 'feather' that i sent you, he has been playing with the turkeys and they snood pull on him and so now i cant show him in the fair :mad:

Hey NH people, I've scoured this site and other searches looking to try to locate local breeders for chickens. I personally have gotten my hands on another coop, and was looking to add even more diversity to my flock this spring. As things wind down for the fall/winter, I was hopeful to do even more research in an effort to find some local breeders. My girlfriend and I own and run a local business, so enjoy supporting locally whenever possible as well.

I had great experience with Cackle Hatchery and am very impressed with my "Amerucana" hens (4) that seem to look less mutty than most I see, and they had an array of coloring which I was very happy with. Other breeds included are Speckled Sussex (3), NH red (4), Columbian Wyandotte (3), Barred Rock (3), Buff Orpington (2), Easter egg (2). As noted above, I'd like to add some more diversity, and was hopeful I could get some information on local breeders to look into for adding to the flock early next year. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Hey NH people, I've scoured this site and other searches looking to try to locate local breeders for chickens. I personally have gotten my hands on another coop, and was looking to add even more diversity to my flock this spring. As things wind down for the fall/winter, I was hopeful to do even more research in an effort to find some local breeders. My girlfriend and I own and run a local business, so enjoy supporting locally whenever possible as well.

I had great experience with Cackle Hatchery and am very impressed with my "Amerucana" hens (4) that seem to look less mutty than most I see, and they had an array of coloring which I was very happy with. Other breeds included are Speckled Sussex (3), NH red (4), Columbian Wyandotte (3), Barred Rock (3), Buff Orpington (2), Easter egg (2). As noted above, I'd like to add some more diversity, and was hopeful I could get some information on local breeders to look into for adding to the flock early next year. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
in spring i will be doing so me separating of my marans (i have FBCM, blue, and splash), and Legbars (cream and whites)
i also have naked necks (turkens)

Hi,
I am glad your happy with Cackle, their birds are good and seemed healthy when I got some from them.

I know I am not from NH..BUT I have shipped a lot of birds to NH. You can find good birds from people on here, the problem with shipping is the number you need, but any NPIP flock can ship you birds. Just like Cackle does.

The difference in buying from a breeder (like myself or anyone with showbirds) is the quality of the birds you get. If your looking for birds that really come close to the SOP, I suggest you try a breeder from here.

I know I send better birds longer distances than what I sell locally...(birds from better pairings) as I hate to show my birds against birds I bred myself. Just something to consider.

Next year I will not be selling any birds locally until they are 12-16 weeks old. The exception will be 4H kids. I want to encourage the youth to get into poultry. I am just going to hopefully stop the people from buying birds and then showing them against me.... Selfish little bugger, I am..

Good luck on your flock expansion!

Back
Top Bottom