New Hatch all alone

JD

Songster
12 Years
Sep 10, 2008
Tennessee
I started out with 6 eggs in bator with two being double yokers. As it turned out all but one was not fertile. Well it has finally hatched and doing very well. Drying as I'm typing this. I have a broody bantam in the hen house that just hatched two babies, one a silkie and the other a bantam and are two days old. Can I try to put this baby with them now so it won't be so lonely and it being nighttime be better? Chirping like crazy in there. By the way this baby is not a bantam but a mixed from my regular egg layers. Being of a larger size would that matter?

It finally hatched around 3:13 in the morning. Whew to late and finally went to bed. But I got such a sweet Japanese Black tailed buff banty. I took the baby out to her at noon today and she took her. She seem to know it wasn't aready there but the baby knew my voice and didn't want to get under the hen at first and after 3 times putting her back under the hen she seem to fit in when she realized there were other babys there. So all went well. She is the best little broody banty ever!

Back
Top Bottom