new hatch peachick clicking noise from chest

AngryRWH

In the Brooder
May 5, 2016
Phoenix Arizona
Day and a half old peachick makes clicking noise in chest like a heartbeat clicking constantly , rather week hobbles around in brooder. has not drank or eaten yet still has large belly. It made same noise prior to hatching inside shell. I am hatching pea babies in circulated air incubators (huvabator) eggs have been a weeks apart , now days apart put in soon as laid. I have 7 more eggs due to hatch. I was told use 60 then 80 % humidity but the first two peas did not hatch died in egg when moved to the 80% humidity. Died at day 25. I have now lowered the humidity for the rest of the eggs to 45-50% for 1st 24 days then I will try 65% for lockdown. was the humidity too high for the eggs? what can I do to save this chick? I tried hatching silkies this way and those gasped for breath and gurgled water bubbles out the mouth never dried until put in brooder.
all 8 of those chicks recovered after 2 days. someone please help me figure out what I can do to help save this day old peachick, it is not recovering as the silkies did.

here is a video i made of my chick , 40 seconds in you can hear the click noise real well.

i hope someone can please tell me what this is, perhaps did it aspirate some water?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom