1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

new hatch peachick clicking noise from chest

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by AngryRWH, Jul 23, 2016.

1. AngryRWH

AngryRWH Out Of The Brooder

May 5, 2016
    Phoenix Arizona
    Day and a half old peachick makes clicking noise in chest like a heartbeat clicking constantly , rather week hobbles around in brooder. has not drank or eaten yet still has large belly. It made same noise prior to hatching inside shell. I am hatching pea babies in circulated air incubators (huvabator) eggs have been a weeks apart , now days apart put in soon as laid. I have 7 more eggs due to hatch. I was told use 60 then 80 % humidity but the first two peas did not hatch died in egg when moved to the 80% humidity. Died at day 25. I have now lowered the humidity for the rest of the eggs to 45-50% for 1st 24 days then I will try 65% for lockdown. was the humidity too high for the eggs? what can I do to save this chick? I tried hatching silkies this way and those gasped for breath and gurgled water bubbles out the mouth never dried until put in brooder.
    all 8 of those chicks recovered after 2 days. someone please help me figure out what I can do to help save this day old peachick, it is not recovering as the silkies did.

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
  3. AngryRWH

May 5, 2016
    Phoenix Arizona
    Yes I posted there , no response yet , trying to find an answer before tractor supply closes in case I need medicine of some kind!

4. AngryRWH

May 5, 2016
    Phoenix Arizona
    here is a video i made of my chick , 40 seconds in you can hear the click noise real well.

i hope someone can please tell me what this is, perhaps did it aspirate some water?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by