new hatch

aafairchild

Chirping
7 Years
Aug 24, 2012
I am such a nervous Nellie. I have 7 eggs in my mini advance that would have hit 21 days this Saturday. I have 4 external pips for sure and a fifth that I think I see. I hear them chirping and some eggs are rocking.

If I hear chirping does that mean the chicks are breathing air? I would think if they had insufficient air they would not be chirping, but this is my first time. I feel no urge to help after having read all the guides to hatching and assisting, but I am eager for little ones. they are almost as noisy as day olds. Everything is ready for them and I now know my rooster is shooting live ammo.

I love BYC.

thanks all

Yes, they are well on their way to hatching, and breathing air if you can hear them. How exciting for you! Please post pics when your babies arrive, we'd all love to see them. :)

So far so good. 1 baby hatched in the bator drying out now. 2 moving 1 a lot and can see chick working on shell. Watching and waiting patiently. Expect to have at least 1 more by morning. Will post pics when I move to brooder.

Alice

Back
Top Bottom