new hatchling dying? Help please

Kute_Keets

Chirping
Apr 26, 2019
Echuca, Victoria, Australia
Hi again everyone
My baby keep hatched this morning but does not seem right. It can't move, just kicks its legs and occasionally opens its mouth. It is also not fluffing up....which i know can take a while.
Should i take it out and give water and sugar or something? it chirps occasionally but i think should have been up and moving by now.
Any advise would be great!!!
:( IMG_1482.JPG

Feed your baby some additional egg yolk to make it strong and healthy! Just remove the blastoderm or blastodiscs from the egg yolk you are going to feed him and cook the egg yolk!

Just remove it and put it in the brooder. You don't want to lower your humidity when you have other chicks hatching. You could give it a couple sips of really sugary water, and then just let it be. If you helped it then it takes them almost a day to come around after hatching out.

Last edited:
Just remove it and put it in the brooder. You don't want to lower your humidity when you have other chicks hatching. You could give it a couple sips of really sugary water, and then just let it be. If you helped it then it takes them almost a day to come around after hatching out.

I have popped him in the brooder with my other newborn but he is just lying there. I think its up to nature now, but i really hope he makes it. Ive done everything I can. I lost one last night and I really don't want to see the same thing happen, so thanks for your advice :)

Back
Top Bottom