New hawk repellent idea

I'm sorry for your losses, but this is too funny! You have lost too many birds, for sure. Adding more hiding places, shrubs, and small trees may help, and keeping the birds in for weeks after there's an attack, to discourage that particular hawk.
I do love the new addition! I see an electric cord from it, so it lights up too?
Mary
I guess you can't tell from the photo, but we have a ton of evergreen bushes around the house, but they mostly duck under the deck and porch when the hawks are around. Last year, one of the coopers hawks got a hen where they hide in the summer thicket. I do like the idea of cooping them up after an attack.
The tall air man doesn't light up Haha I wish! It is plugged in for the 1 HP blower, which btw is borderline too loud when you go outside

Maybe if you put some of the reflective tape on his hands and his arms that will freak the hawk out by seeing the reflectiveness and the movement.
That’s a good idea, since the reflective tape seemed to spook the hawks for a while... If you put a strip of LED lights in the tape, it might spook it some more by being both bright and reflective

So sorry for your losses. Hopefully the hawks won't get too used to it. Moving it around seems like a good idea. Maybe putting bright streamers on it will also help seeing the streamers waving in the air. Just an idea. Good luck and have fun...

Back
Top Bottom