New hawk repellent idea

I have been having problems with this owl. Last night it tried to go through some netting again but this time got caught. It wasn't the same crappy netting it had gone through before. The wildlife people just came and got it.
DSCF00031125 02.jpg
DSCF00031125 10.jpg
1583007687960.png

View attachment 2036949
The things we do to protect our chickens!

We get red tailed and cooper's hawks everyday and have lost 10+ in the past 6 months.
The shiny hawk tape seemed to work for a while, but the attacks started shortly after stringing it around the yard. We tried the owl decoy, bells and other shiny ornaments but nothing worked, so we just bought an air dancer and placed it in the yard a few days ago. It looks ridiculous, but we'll see if it works....*fingers crossed!!*

*UPDATE*
View attachment 2036949

We get red tailed and cooper's hawks everyday and have lost 10+ in the past 6 months.
The shiny hawk tape seemed to work for a while, but the attacks started shortly after stringing it around the yard. We tried the owl decoy, bells and other shiny ornaments but nothing worked, so we just bought an air dancer and placed it in the yard a few days ago. It looks ridiculous, but we'll see if it works....*fingers crossed!!*

*UPDATE*

It has now been almost three months since we placed the air dancer in the backyard. We have gone from daily sightings and numerous losses...to ZERO! I can say, beyond any doubt, it has been the only effective way that has allowed our chickens to remain free-range. 110% recommended!! :)

View attachment 2036949

That would scare my boxer and my chickens but I’m not sure about the hawks!

*UPDATE*

*UPDATE*

It has now been almost three months since we placed the air dancer in the backyard. We have gone from daily sightings and numerous losses...to ZERO! I can say, beyond any doubt, it has been the only effective way that has allowed our chickens to remain free-range. 110% recommended!! :)
I think my neighbors would think I was crazy if I put one of them up
No I take that back. They already think I’m crazy. They
That was our concern initially, too. The chickens were hesitant of it at first. After a day or two, they were scavenging around it like it wasn't there. We also have a Brittany and an Aussie who have never been phased by it! :)
i was just kidding. My chickens seem to freak out with anything new
A new feeder
Moving something in the coop or run
A new noise
They crack me up.

Back
Top Bottom