New heating unit to arrive in mail - how to do the switch?

Godiva

Crowing
16 Years
May 17, 2007
Colorado
I am praying that the heating unit for my hovabator arrives today. I have 50 eggs that are just barely incubating at about 98 F! My plan at the moment is to just quickly unscrew and replace the unit. THen for how long do I watch it and when will I know it is ok.... it is going to be set at 4 but I have an egg turner in and 50 eggs that are pretty warm though not up to temp. Does this need adjusting at all - I really don't want to do anything at all unless I need to. Any thoughts on this?

Quote:
Which part do you think is broken? What are you replacing?

The control unit or the heating element?

I ask because the heating elements either work correctly, or they don't work at all. So if your incubator is at (* then the heater is fine. On the 1588, the preset is 4, I believe, and that should work just fine.

You can cover the eggs with bubble wrap and warm towels while you replace the control. Should take only a few minutes, the eggs won't suffer.

well, I think the thermostat is up the creek.. but they are replacing the whole thing - heating element, fan, etc apparently I just have to unscrew the main screws from the window and pop the replacement in. It still hasn't arrived....

Quote:
Yes ... replacement is simple, and takes minutes
smile.png

Keep the other bits, because if you can work out what is wrong, you could end up with 2 working incubators for the price of a new styrofoam shell.

Bonus
smile.png

"Unfortunately" they want the defective part back. I don't know that I want to see the dang pieces again, they have put me through the wringer this last week! Right now it seems to be at a good temp but earlier it was at 95 and barely holding....

Back
Top Bottom