New Henhouse Build

Making the sliding chicken door and then I need to prime the clean out doors, go to Home Depot to get hinges, eye hooks, a length of cable, & roof shingling. I also need to get the paint for the henhouse. God willing next Sunday I’ll be ready to swap this henhouse out for the current one.
9238A085-B0D0-469F-A41B-0A0CE62A24BD.jpeg
1D7D1594-DC10-4947-B64D-507275F767F4.jpeg

Won't be long now.
You got it looking real good!

One question though. I know you have consulted us expert chicken defenders, but did you ask the chickens their thoughts on this new home?
It may take a week or two before they decide it will meet their expectations. And in the meantime, you may have a time getting them to use it, even if the old home is gone completely. If they take to sleeping in the trees instead, the only way I can get them down, is wait till just after dark and spray them down out of the trees with a water hose. Makes catching them easier (and I'm just too damn old be be climbing up trees unless a bear is on my ass).:gig

Won't be long now.
You got it looking real good!

One question though. I know you have consulted us expert chicken defenders, but did you ask the chickens their thoughts on this new home?
It may take a week or two before they decide it will meet their expectations. And in the meantime, you may have a time getting them to use it, even if the old home is gone completely. If they take to sleeping in the trees instead, the only way I can get them down, is wait till just after dark and spray them down out of the trees with a water hose. Makes catching them easier (and I'm just too damn old be be climbing up trees unless a bear is on my ass).:gig
Well the chickens will be locked in their covered run so they can either sleep in the new henhouse or on the perches in the run.

Sunday!? Wow! Excellent! I'm enjoying watching your thread grow a coop.:D
I’m hoping next Sunday. Didn’t get as much done as I would have liked to as it got really hot and this evening is Rosh Hashana (the Jewish new year).
I’ll have to get paint on Wednesday along with the other material I need from Home Depot. Also screwed up the cut for the wood above the nest boxes so will need to buy another 8’x4’ sheet of plywood.

Back
Top Bottom