New here and excited to be here

MissShy

Chirping
Jan 15, 2019
Central Texas
Hi, I live a tiny town in Texas. I have raised many different breeds of ducks and chickens. Mostly common breeds such as rhode island reds, Plymouth rock, Pekin, and Mallards. Raising for me involves hatching eggs raising the chicks and ducklings in the brooder and off to the yard in the pen to lay new eggs starting the next generation. I decided to be alittle fancy and get 3 breeds that I have never worked with. Silkies(mixed colors), Polish(buff), and Phoenix. I am buying a dozen hatching eggs of each breed. My first dozen I will be getting is the Silkies and I'll be getting them this Friday (1/18/2019). My Phoenix I will be getting in Spring and the Polish I have to wait for updates from the Hatchery. I'll try to keep everyone updated and I'm very excited to be able to share this with other people in this community. Oh and with the Silkies I chose to get mixed colors because there is so many colors I like so now its a surprise to what I get so this will be fun. Can't wait to share more about my experiences with you all.

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to BYC -I wish you the best of luck with your breeding plans.

This is a useful link of BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3 I’d suggest including your location using the guide in that link. You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Back
Top Bottom