1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New here and havent introduced myself yet.....

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by shaylee, Jul 25, 2008.

1. shaylee

shaylee Out Of The Brooder

Jun 4, 2008
    Hamilton, Il
    I am a late 20's stay at home mom of 2 with 4 goats, several chickens of many breeds, 5 ducks, 1 dog, and numerous stray cats. Also 5 ferrets and some bottle baby kittens I am still feeding. I quilt, crochet, do photography, can, cook, grow my own veggies, love flowers, feed the birds, do a little woodwork, and am a hopeless insomniac. (good thing I have a lot of projects to keep me busy) I also have a ghost in my basement named Earl.
    I will be butchering my first chickens this fall and hope someone near Keokuk, Ia can help me my first time.
    I am into green cleaning and we are working on the self suffiency thing.
    I love to barter. Hate to pay or charge for something when I can swap.
    I do a lot of crafty things, especially around Christmas and Halloween.
    Just wanted to say hello and keep your fingers crossed that this water will keep going down and the stink will go away (in the flood area and it is starting to smell here, the bugs are horrible.
    Going out to play with my boys, they are catching bugs. Why be inside on such a nice humid day. Well, I can think of some good reasons, but the boys want to have some fun. Better than video games I guess.
    BYE FOR NOW.

2. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    [​IMG] Sounds like you will fit in perfectly hear! Can't wait to see some pics of your projects, birds, other animals, etc... LOL. And this site will also help with your insomnia and addiction! [​IMG] And there are many threads you can swap on here as well! Have fun! [​IMG]

3. holliewould

holliewould Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Planet Earth
    Quote:Wait. Before you go, tell us about Earl. If you don't mind that is. oh and welcome! [​IMG]

4. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Hi Shaylee,

Welcome to BYC, you do have a busy life! Keep posting ![​IMG]

5. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG]

6. risurocket

risurocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2008
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG] Impressive! I wish I had the ambition to do half of the stuff you listed. [​IMG] Good luck with your chickens and Welcome to one of the nicest boards you will ever be on. [​IMG] Oh yeah, Earl sounds very interesting...I bet there are some good stories!

7. Welcome to BYC, and tell Earl Hello, wish ilived closer to you would like to get to know you personally,I like to do most of what you do, I just can't butcher chickens. But welcome:welcome marrie

8. sunnydee

sunnydee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    Maine
    :welcomeWelcome to BYC! I have only been here a few weeks myself and have learned lots! Can't wait to hear about your adventures...sounds like you have many to share!

9. mmajw

mmajw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    Yes Earl, do you have pics or something? How do you know his name?

10. lewisfarmgurl

lewisfarmgurl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2008
    south carolina
    [​IMG] nice to meet you and hope you love it here as I do!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by