New here, but not new to Chickens. Looking for updates

LulyT

In the Brooder
Nov 20, 2020
Hi All, I used to breed, raise and sell Bantys and some other chickens back in the early 2000's. We even had a successful Family operated poultry supply business. Due to family issues we had to get out of it in 2006 and now we are buying a quiet place in the Country, So. Georgia and I want to get back into raising egg layers & Turkeys.
ALOT has changed, i can not find any online poultry auction sites, are we even allowed to ship birds like we used to?? Any help & updates is greatly appreciated.

Hi All, I used to breed, raise and sell Bantys and some other chickens back in the early 2000's. We even had a successful Family operated poultry supply business. Due to family issues we had to get out of it in 2006 and now we are buying a quiet place in the Country, So. Georgia and I want to get back into raising egg layers & Turkeys.
ALOT has changed, i can not find any online poultry auction sites, are we even allowed to ship birds like we used to?? Any help & updates is greatly appreciated.
There is a rare breeds auction site, but that is again for rare breeds and rather expensive (if you search what I put it Should be like the first or second result)

Shipping I'm not sure on. There are delays right now, but we got our first shipped birds in 2010, so after you left

Welcome to BYC from Arizona! This is the place to be for all your chicken news, connections to helpful poultry folks and more!

I think most hatcheries are done with the season and you can pre-order for 2021. I don't know about individuals shipping if that's what you mean. I think small operators that are part of NPIP can ship - there are quite a few NPIP flock keepers on BYC. Definitely check out the
www.backyardchickens.com/forums/where-am-i-where-are-you.26/ and find the thread for your state to potentially find local sources of what your looking for.

We're glad you're here!

Back
Top Bottom