New here, from Va

I would like to know about it too, cause mine are houses in a cattle watering trough lol!
Haha! I was thinking we could put a small tarp under it in our back bedroom where they will be kept for a few weeks until we get the coop built and they're old enough to go out there, and add pine shavings to the bottom of it. (that way we have no issues on the floor lol)

I am a little perplexed because for two days I've gotten three eggs, but so far today only two. It have been frigidly cold today and it did sleet some earlier so I was wondering if the cold had anything to do with it. And I did get one rubbery egg

Yes, cold snaps can clamp off the eggs. Make sure to always offer oyster shell on the side for the layers. Occasionally young birds will lay funky eggs. They have yet to get their egg laying machines in gear. :)

welcome to the site were in virginia are you guys me and my wife maria are in williamsburg just south of richmond .

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif

I also have the same question as timbo2. What part of VA are y'all in?, I'm in SW VA

Back
Top Bottom