New here, from Va

Yep, that is an excellent link on space. The pallets with lots of screws and L brackets sound like a great approach for your situation, too. Good luck!

Yep, that is an excellent link on space. The pallets with lots of screws and L brackets sound like a great approach for your situation, too. Good luck!

Thank you! The link on space was extremely helpful. Can't wait to get started on the coop! Found a place up the road that has free pallets available for pickup m-f, so we will hit them up as well as my brother in law's company if they have any available. :)

Hey! I am a newbie too!! I love my girls and my babies!! I have spoiled them in a weeks time! We have 4 isa brown hens that have just started laying in our coop that we built from a recycled box stand(for those who hunt) and we have 8 chicks with 2 more arriving Thursday! Never a dull moment that's for sure , and I am sure you will love it!

Hey! I am a newbie too!! I love my girls and my babies!! I have spoiled them in a weeks time! We have 4 isa brown hens that have just started laying in our coop that we built from a recycled box stand(for those who hunt) and we have 8 chicks with 2 more arriving Thursday! Never a dull moment that's for sure , and I am sure you will love it!

Nice! Yea, we are looking forward to having them! Both of us have always wanted chickens for laying and meat. Hopefully all will go well!
Once we have things a bit more under control, we plan to get a couple Buff Orpingtons. They are so sweet.

We have 2 Rhode Island reds, 2 barred rock, 2 white rock, and 2 buff Orpington chicks now. I never get a thing done for "mother henning" my babies! Lol! Between me, my husband, and two kids, well they get lots of love and so do my big girls. I've gotten 9 eggs since Tuesday so not bad! I think one hen not laying yet.

We have 2 Rhode Island reds, 2 barred rock, 2 white rock, and 2 buff Orpington chicks now. I never get a thing done for "mother henning" my babies! Lol! Between me, my husband, and two kids, well they get lots of love and so do my big girls. I've gotten 9 eggs since Tuesday so not bad! I think one hen not laying yet.
That's awesome! I'm not sure what Southern States will have in this year. Last year they had Sex Links and Plymouth Rocks (I think they were called). They will be well loved :)

welcome-byc.gif

Question for you guys, without making another thread.

Have any of you used this? I am thinking of getting one to use for the chicks.

"Farm Innovators Baby Chick Starter Home"

It seems to be a plastic collapsible pen with a hanger for the heat lamp that is adjustable?

Back
Top Bottom