New here, hi from a Dutchie 👋🏻

Hi everyone, I am Wendy and a new member from The Netherlands. I had three chickens as a child but that’s a loooong time ago, as I am slowly but steady approaching 45. We are currently building a coop and as we speak, well as I type, my first chick just pipped it’s shell. I have 16 eggs in the incubator. There were 20 but 4 were not developed with the last candelling to now there are 16 left. There are 10 Silverudds Blues, 4 Welsummers and 2 cream Legbars in the incubator. I am beyond excited and terrified. I read a lot and now I know what can go wrong it isn’t a very chillaxed first hatching time for me. But I did learn from all the reading I have to be patient above anything else, so I will try my best.

I found BYC on Instagram first and then came here, read a lot and decided to join as there is a lot to learn. My other hobbies are photography, gardening, watching tv and spending time with my dog. Here is a picture I recently made of a quail chick from a friend of mine. Hopefully my own chicks will follow soon.

Wendy

View attachment 2277607

And here is our coop, busy painting it right now:

View attachment 2277615

Welcome to BackYardChickens! So glad to have you here in our wonderful community of friendly, helpful, knowledgeable people! VERY pretty coop!

That's a beautiful coop!
-BYC-sign-flash.gif

Welcome Welcome Welcome !!!
:wee :wee:wee
Hi Wendy and welcome to BYC! Being worried about incubating is normal. This was my first hatch and the last one hatched about half an hour ago. I had no complications whatsoever. It's also nice to hear that you are Dutch. My great great grandpa was baptized there. My aunt is really into ancestry and has been researching our bloodlines since forever. I believe she mentioned that she went far enough to find out they we might have been related to the princess. I haven't done my research though so I have no clue. I love your coop and I bet your chickie babies will too!

Back
Top Bottom