New here, how many other dog show enthusiasts do we have?

Tigertrea

Songster
7 Years
Feb 10, 2012
LaSalle Ontario Canada
What breed(s) do you have?

What breed(s) have you had in the past?

How long have you been in this crazy game?

Do you show a lot or a little?

Do you show your own dogs only, handle others, hire a pro?

I currently have Siberian Huskies. My dad and his Ex started with them in 82. My dad got his first Alaskan Malamute in 86 (I think) I started showing his Mals in 88 and the Sibes in 89. In 90 I got my first Akita.

We lost our last Mal 2yrs ago at the age of 15. My second Akita (who was never shown) left us last year at 13yrs.

Currently I am taking a "break" from showing. Between family and finances I just can't get to shows. I have done a little handling of other dogs but, just as an amateur for friends. Where I live I either have to cross the border to show in Mich. or Travel fair distances for most shows. There are 4 shows that are less than an hour drive away so, I hit them each year, no matter if I pull a dog out of retirement for it!

I Love showing dogs and have made many friends/acquaintances over the years. I used to actually go into withdrawal if I didn't go to a show at least once a month. If I could do it for a living I would. When I was a teen I had actually arranged to go out with one of the pro handlers. It didn't work out though since I became pregnant lol.

I've show a little years ago with an Akita in conformation and also with a Dobe in Obedience. Currently have a partial agility course set up but I need to move the rest of it from the other house. Would really like to get back into obedience. Currently have a German Shepherd that I had started in obed/agility before a lot of changes in life and a brilliant Pointer x that would be excellent in either one. Sad to say the current Dobe is more of a super-model type. beautiful to look at but not a lot upstairs lol

Lisa

Back
Top Bottom