New here, new to chickens

Fritzen

Chirping
Mar 7, 2021
Florida
Hi! My name is Fritz! Today I finally made the big choice to purchase my own chickens! I’m gonna answer the template, then share a bit more about myself!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
> Very new! I actually just got mine today. 💞

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
> Four!

(3) What breeds do you have?
> I’m... not sure. I believe one is a pullet, one is an austrolorp, and the other two... I have no clue.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
> I’m super new, but honestly, I’ve always loved caring for animals and have wanted chickens for the longest time.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
> Mainly art, animation, video games, paleontology, ecology... I do a lot of weird things. If it is or was alive, I probably love it.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
> I have a dog, a parakeet, multiple turtles, goldfish, plecos, ghost shrimp, and a crawfish! I’ve had plenty of other animals in the past that lived long, happy lives; a rabbit, guinea pigs, other parakeets, other turtles, many other fish, a bearded dragon, cats and even more that I still miss every day.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
> I found this site while doing a lot of research on poultry, specifically ducks, since I’ve recently rescued a lone survivor egg. I finally got chickens, and decided this would be the perfect place to dive into!

Here’s some stuff about me now!
Fritz | She/Her They/Them It/Its Pronouns
I have bad anxiety, so please be patient with me.
When I get excited, I often type in ALL CAPS LIKE THIS WITH A LOT OF EXCLAMATION MARKS!!!
I hyperfixiate on a lot of things, and tend to be annoying with my interests.

It’s nice to meet you all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Fritz, welcome to BYC!
Have you built a coop and run? They'll outgrow their brooder in just a few weeks. Be sure and check out the different options and requirements for coops/runs in the coop build forum.
Incidentally, a pullet means a female chicken under the age of one year.
Best of luck with your new flock!

Hi Welcome to BYC! We are so glad you decided to start your chicken journey with us.

Just to let you know, a “Pullet” is not a breed. It refers to a young female chick, or chicken under a year old.

Thanks for joining us! We hope you enjoy it here 😊
C068DBB3-1EC1-4A4F-99A2-72200E684209.jpeg

Hi Fritz, welcome to BYC!
Have you built a coop and run? They'll outgrow their brooder in just a few weeks. Be sure and check out the different options and requirements for coops/runs in the coop build forum.
Incidentally, a pullet means a female chicken under the age of one year.
Best of luck with your new flock!
Thank you! I am in the process of building a coop with my father, and I’ll be sure to check out those threads for some inspiration! Thanks for the heads up on the meaning of pullet by the way, heh! I’m VERY new to this!

Thank you! I am in the process of building a coop with my father, and I’ll be sure to check out those threads for some inspiration! Thanks for the heads up on the meaning of pullet by the way, heh! I’m VERY new to this!
Do you have any other questions about your new chicks? We would all be very happy to answer them

Back
Top Bottom