new here, not what I expected

birdonahat

Hatching
7 Years
Jan 30, 2012
Reno, NV
Hi, I have been in love with chickens for years, have a small flock of gals that are so rewarding. I recently joined as I had hoped for help with a chicken health problem. It seems like everyone is very social and chatty here, but do you have to be here a while and get accepted by the regulars? 40 people looked at my post but only one responded, maybe because I am new? I feel unwelcome.

I know that when I don't know the answer that I just don't reply, hoping that someone with more experience will reply. I don't think is trying to ignore your question, this is just a very busy website. Sorry that you didn't get an answer.

If I don't feel like my answer will be of any benefit I will usually keep quiet. But to answer your other question, I haven't gotten the vibe that you have to be a part of the "real" group to be a part of the discussion. Hope that you feel you are a part of the "real" group.:)

I read lots of posts when I am online. If I can offer any help I try to post, but I don't have a lot of experiance with sick flocks so I can seldom offer any good advise.

I think many times when you see lots of views but few responses that is what is happening. I really don't think anyone is slighting you because you are new. Also a lot of folks like me just check the threads we've posted on and hit "recent posts". If your post isn't on the first page of the recent posts page I would never see it.

With that being said, I'll see if I can find your question and see if I can offer any help or point you to someone who can.
smile.png

and btw....
welcome-byc.gif
from northeast Mississippi.
frow.gif

welcome-byc.gif
There are circumstances which can not be addressed with a black or white answer. In these instances most will not respond rather than provide potentially false information.

Greetings from Kansas, birdonahat, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined us. I agree with other posters thus far - I don't think anyone is giving you the cold shoulder - just that they don't respond if they don't know. You ARE welcome here! Good luck to you and your sick bird!

welcome-byc.gif
There are circumstances which can not be addressed with a black or white answer. In these instances most will not respond rather than provide potentially false information.
X2. Please do not feel unwelcome, all of us were new here at one point. It just can be very hard sometimes to try to make suggestions on a forum, without having seen the bird, as to what might be wrong with a chicken, so many times symptoms are vague or few. Maybe you could try posting your question again, or even on this thread and see if you can get some suggestions.

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
I always look for unanswered threads and threads with few responses and try to give an answer, but it happens sometimes that I can't answer it accurately and then I don't reply. I'm not shunning anyone, I just don't want to give an incorrect answer. I'm sorry to hear about your hen
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom