New here. We rescue poultry/fowl and this is just breaking my heart..

MischiefMakersRnR

In the Brooder
Sep 24, 2023
Hello all. I am new to this forum and so very thankful someone recommended it to me.
We run a non-profit rescue and picked up this silver lace hen yesterday. My heart is hurting for her ao badly!
I did a mite soak, but...any more suggestions?
I can't imagine this is comfortable.
Other than her feet, she has a good body weight, clean fully feathered, bright clear eyes, not nasal discharge and no chest rattle.
But her feet...omg💔
*we dis not put her down in the pen as we saw her feet before that happened. she is quarantined and eating/drinking like a champ*
20230923_165530.jpg

What is it?
They look like some type of growth, or tumors or...ugh I don't know 💔...but after her foot soak, they are sild masses underher skin with severe scaling. She is also missing almost all her toes. Perhaps a deformation she was born with, but honestly with her being a rescue, I have no way of finding out her history.

They look like some type of growth, or tumors or...ugh I don't know 💔...but after her foot soak, they are sild masses underher skin with severe scaling. She is also missing almost all her toes. Perhaps a deformation she was born with, but honestly with her being a rescue, I have no way of finding out her history.
Can you post more pictures of her feet after the soaking and cleaning? She may have an infection or something. Does she limp at all? Depending on climate old frost bite may be a thought, or a deformity or mites, im just spitting out some ideas, im honestly no expert.

Can you post more pictures of her feet after the soaking and cleaning? She may have an infection or something. Does she limp at all? Depending on climate old frost bite may be a thought, or a deformity or mites, im just spitting out some ideas, im honestly no expert.
Yes I will definitely take more detailed photos tomorrow. She limps quite a bit.

Back
Top Bottom