New here!

Jorlyn

Hatching
Dec 21, 2016
Florida
New member.. I don't know why it has taken me so long to join, but I finally did it! My name is Jorlyn, I have a hobby farm consisting of lots of chickens, 4 ducks, 3 goats, 3 horses, 4 cats (plus 1 for the neighbors cat) & 3 dogs. Most importantly I am a mother of 4! I started a few years ago with red sex links from tractor supply just for laying eggs. And then I decided I wanted some different colors.. then I started researching breeds & fell in love with so many breeds. Now I have multiple coops, I sell, hatch & raise locally & just recently got NPIP certified to ship. Though chickens aren't new to me. My mother & grandparents have always had chickens. They just weren't interested in breeds or preservation like I am. The breeds I am currently working with consist of GFF Cream Crested Legbars, GFF newest line of FBCM & also a few from Bev Davis/Jean Wade, Speckled Sussex, Red Partridge Welsummer, Blue Amerucauna, Lavender Orpingtons, Golden Buff Orpington, Cochins, & 1 possible Minorca (?).. I would like to expand my flock to include Lavender Amerucauna & Jubilee Orpingtons soon. Look forward to learning & sharing with the BYC community!

Hi, Jorlyn and welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us. There's lots of threads on different breeds, so I'm sure that you will readily find other members to chat and discuss things with. Please make yourself at home here with us.

Best wishes
CT

welcome-byc.gif

Hi Jorlyn, it's nice to have you here! That's quite a variety of breeds you have, it would be nice to see some pictures if you'd care to share.

Florida has a pretty active state thread you may be interested in. It can be helpful to chat with other members in your area. Here's a link to take you to it: post #1

Thanks for joining us!

G’Day from down under Jorlyn
frow.gif
Welcome!

I hope you enjoy BYC. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom