New here!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by sareaves81, Mar 21, 2018.

1. sareaves81

sareaves81 In the Brooder

Mar 21, 2018
    Got these at TSC. My daughter is raising them as a project for animal science class. We love them! However I think the white ones might be Cornish breed? They are the same age, or supposed to be. They are about a month old. Still have all four but just took pictures of the two because they all look similar. It’s cold out today so they have been hanging out inside some.

Attached Files:

Farmer Connie and MrsMistyReal like this.
  2. sareaves81

sareaves81 In the Brooder

Mar 21, 2018
    Part of that got lost. We are supposed to have two sienna star and two golden comets and they are supposed to be female. I think the brown probably are sienna star.

3. TomZilla43

TomZilla43 Songster

Apr 23, 2017
    White House, TN
    Hello and :welcome. So glad you could join our lil flock:frow. Lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks here willing to help with seasoned advice:). Your chicks are really cute, best of luck to your daughter with her science project:D.

4. MrsMistyReal

MrsMistyReal Enabler

Aug 6, 2014
    Mississippi
    Welcome aboard to BYC family gr8 people tons of information loads of fun enjoy shake your tail feathers :jumpylove your feathered family members :love,adorable alert:woot 58aff217829958a978a4a6d2.png

Farmer Connie likes this.
  5. Farmer Connie

Farmer Connie All My Friends Have Hoofs

Feb 28, 2017
    Florida Peninsula
    My Coop
    congrates.gif
    congradulations.gif BEAUTIFUL CHICKS!
    I am so happy for you. wwwsddex (6) copy.jpg

6. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Queen of the Coop

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    The brown one looks like a Welsummer and the white one looks like a Cornish X, which is a meat bird.

7. JedJackson

JedJackson Crossing the Road

Jul 6, 2016
    NW Washington state
    The brown ones probably are sienna stars-- they look right. And if they are then they're both pullets. The white ones are either white rocks or Cornish crosses. The feathered white bird in the picture has a big reddish comb and is likely a cockerel. Can't say about the other white one without a picture.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: