New here!

HealeyHomestead

In the Brooder
May 2, 2020
Hi all! My name is Janae and I live in Maine.
We first got a small flock (4) of Rhode Island Reds from a family member 2 summers ago and I became addicted to owning chickens ever since! At that time, we had let our girls be free-range, however all but one got taken by foxes so we gave our last girl back to the farm she came from.

I started the spring with 2 Roos and 4 hens and then gave one roo away and added 2 new hens in the summer. One escaped the pen and got hit by a car so I added 2 more ladies in fall...Which I found out to be a bad idea being so late in the season.

Our rooster is a Silkie and for our girls, we have 2 Speckled Sussex, 1 silver laced Wyandotte, 1 Brahma, 1 Bantam (pretty sure she is a Cochin mix), 1 Ameraucana and a type of Bantam Wyandotte but she is very sick as of this morning.

I love animals and always have. If it were up to me and I had the time, I’d have so many more animals!! I currently have a dog, cat, rabbit and a fish.
I joined here in hopes to gain some insight and helpful tips to guide me on my chicken raising journey!

Thanks all!
-Jae

Back
Top Bottom