New here,

wclawrence

Songster
12 Years
Sep 14, 2007
Paulding County Georgia
Hi all, I wanted to introduce myself and show you guys a few of my birds
I raise Longtail and Longcrower chickens, and have a little Junglefowl mixed in. I live in Georgia, and I have been raising chickens for about ten years now.
Well, a picture is worth a thousand words, so here goes.

Dunn Gold Rooster
greyx6.jpg

Grey Junglefowl X Red Phoenix
S4025918.jpg

Rosecomb Phoenix Rooster
RCP002__.jpg

Grey Junglefowl (deceased now)
Grey2.jpg

old Asil rooster
Asilcock.jpg

If you want to know more about anything, just ask me.

Hey wclawrence, welcome to BYC and thanks for sharing your pictures. I especially like the Dunn Gold rooster.

Chel

Welcome! Your birds are beautiful especially the roos. Everyone who belongs to byc is very helpful - I've had tons of questions answered since joining. Most of the time it's a hoot just reading some of the threads.
big_smile.png

I have been reading along occasionally for a while.
Thanks for the comments on the birds, I work hard to keep them looking good, and I have been blessed with good friends that have set me up with good birds.

Speckledhen, yes, you know me from over there. That is where I learned alot of genetics.
I am in Dallas, about 35 miles NW of Atl.

Heidi, all of the pics I have up now are roosters. The Junglefowl Hybrid is very young still, so it is hard to tell from the pic.

The bird in my Avatar is an Asil X Sumatra rooster about 6 months old.

Here are some hens:
bbred Phoenix
F3_003.jpg

Asil X Rhode Island Red
RIRxAsil-Resized.jpg

Mixed Game Hen
Oldhen.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, these pics are just a small percentage of my flock, and some of them are dead and gone, just wanted to show you all some of my birds, and I dont have alot of pictures of my current birds.
Thanks for all the comments!

Welcome, nice birds... perhaps since your into games maybe you know where I could get a grown or young modern game hen from I have a breeding project in mind and can't find any here, I try not to order as I've not seen parent stock and besides I need a ready to breed hen because I have a project sire or roo on my yard for her

Welcome, nice birds... perhaps since your into games maybe you know where I could get a grown or young modern game hen from I have a breeding project in mind and can't find any here, I try not to order as I've not seen parent stock and besides I need a ready to breed hen because I have a project sire or roo on my yard for her

This is a reallyyy old thread! You may have better luck sending a private message or posting on the thread for your state!

Back
Top Bottom