New here

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Bisqit&Gravy, May 9, 2008.

1. Bisqit&Gravy

Bisqit&Gravy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Hi, I'm new here as far as posting. I've been reading post for awhile now and finally able to login in...yeah:D

I have a zoo here and recently added chickens. I have 2 hens and 1 rooster. Was told the rooster was a quail antwerp belgian. His name is Gravy. One hen is a black japanese and her name is Bisqit. The other is suppose to be a silky but she's a silky mix. Her name is Hashbrown.
    She was a mercy buy at a flea market where the guy kicked her cage and said" This one's 5 bucks". He then grabbed her out by a wing to put her in the carrier.
    She's huge and weighs about 4 lbs. She lays grocery store size eggs too and they are brown.

I also have two 4 week old bantam chicks that I incubated. Not sure what sex they are but kind of thinking one hen and one rooster.

Now have one more bantam chick that the hens hatched. None of Hashbrowns eggs were fertile.

Here's some pics:) I need new pics of the 1st two b/c this pic is age 1 week.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: May 9, 2008
  2. Bisqit&Gravy

Mar 14, 2008
    One more pics:)

[​IMG]

3. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    Just wanted to welcome you here. nice pics
    [​IMG]

4. DouglasPeeps

DouglasPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Colorado
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

Love your pictures of your chickens and chicks!

5. s6bee

s6bee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Western, NY
    Well first of all welcome [​IMG] and second Congratulations on your growing chicken family. [​IMG]

Cute birds

6. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    Welcome to BYC!! Thanks for sharing your pics.

7. ChicknThief

ChicknThief Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    [​IMG] ! [​IMG] 1 down, the rest of the world to go! [​IMG]

8. Tutter

Tutter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2008
    N. California
    Welcome! What adorable and pretty/handsome birds. I will be looking forward to watching the little ones grow. [​IMG]

9. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Hello and welcome...
    Either that Silkie's on Steroids or the black one is an S-breed who shall not be named...
    Love the roo.

10. Bisqit&Gravy

Mar 14, 2008
    Thanks everyone:)

S-Breed??? Hashbrown is definately not a silkie like the guy said. She's got some silkie feathering mixed with normal feathers. She lays grocery store size brown eggs.
    She's also a freak!!! I blame that on the way she was treated before I got her. She's even missing toes and half toes. Since we brought her home she has feathers coming back on her legs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by