New here

tomgeist

In the Brooder
5 Years
Feb 10, 2014
Hi all...this is more a diversion for me than something I'll actually going to do. My #2 niece raises chickens and she offered to let us have three hens last year. I thought it was a great idea. My wife nixed the idea stating 1) chickens are noisy, 2) chickens are stinky, 3) eggs are dangerous. There's enough room in our backyard for a small chicken tractor and although there's a town ordinance against farm animals, the population of my town is 600 and as long as there isn't a noisy rooster in the bunch, nobody would say a word in protest. Still - the wife says no.

I just met a new neighbor across the street and she wants chickens but her husband doesn't. I'm trying to convince a manager where I work he and his family need a chicken tractor in their back yard (they live in a town of 200..max) but they're not sure.

Either I'm in the wrong place or I married the wrong person...
th.gif

Alright
welcome-byc.gif
great to have you joining the flock
frow.gif

I understand that as I once had a wife that said the same thing
but now thing's are different
smile.png

A little bit of everything 7 Geese
wee.gif

16 Easter Egger's
clap.gif

My EE's at 10 weeks
love.gif

More of them
woot.gif

Adult Spangled Russian Orloff hens
ya.gif

Aflack the Duck
hu.gif

New Russian Orloff chicks 3 weeks old

molted Houdan's Rooster & Hen

Now these guy's make more noise then any flock of Roosters
sickbyc.gif

And we even get guest from time to time this is Bobcat
also known as the predator
hide.gif

Our town is about the same size but I do not have anyone
who lives closer then 100 meters and they are not a problem
as they have been in jail for more then 3 years
somad.gif

Enjoy your time here at BYC and you can call your flock
a virtual flock
cool.png

gander007
old.gif

images

It is hard to convince your other half to see it your way. Chickens are not loud, stinky and the homegrown eggs are way more healthy for you than store bought eggs. But all this being said, I think you need to become good friends with a good neighbor and start raising a flock there. So sorry.

But I do welcome you to BYC! Good luck getting yourself a flock!

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Good luck convincing somebody they want chickens....

Back
Top Bottom