New Hobbies During Quarantine?

Have You Found Time for New Hobbies in 2020?

• Yes, plenty of time for new hobbies this year.

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • No, I haven’t had time for new hobbies this year.

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Just surviving has been my hobby this year

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • I would, but money is an issue right now.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
That’s so nice!

The only hobby I’ve learned is cross stitching, it’s super fun! But I’ve had time to make a huge dent in my “need to read” books and have found quite a love for Star Wars lol.

@Weeg do you have pics of them
IMG_3271.jpg

This is Misty! Checking out the chickens! She loves them! She is my mare! I don't have a picture of Lucy, on hand, but if you view my profile, there is a picture of her with a chicken on her back and our friends horse Hope in the back ground!

Nice! I've been working on improving my art, and, quite honestly, I've improved a LOT from when I started to now.
I can't send mp4 files from here, unfortunately, but here's my oldest animation (mid-august) to my newest (a couple days ago)

OMG yes. so cute. And you made a tutorial which is love.

I want to start a mini aquarium in a small tank, do you thin you could give me a few tips and maybe species suggestions? Your tank is really cool!
What do you want to know?
I am part of a really good forum called 'tropical fish forums'
Might be worth saying hi there.
Tell them EvanB sent you 😉

Start with something small I suggest
This was my first tank and I regret getting such a big one. I've actually sold it now as it's just too much upkeep.
20200401_223757.jpg

Fish keeping tips
1. buy the appropriate number of fish for your tank. most people overfill it.
2. buy fish that actually go together, all tropical or all not tropical, none that will eat each other etc.
3. have a running filter. sooo much easier to upkeep than stagnant.

What do you want to know?
I am part of a really good forum called 'tropical fish forums'
Might be worth saying hi there.
Tell them EvanB sent you 😉

Start with something small I suggest
This was my first tank and I regret getting such a big one. I've actually sold it now as it's just too much upkeep.
View attachment 2422555
I have a pretty small one, maybe 5-6 gallons? Little over 2 feet long 1 foot wide, I guess I am wondering what are good fish breeds for beginners mostly, any advice you think will be helpful! I will take a look at the website you mentioned. Thanks!

Fish keeping tips
1. buy the appropriate number of fish for your tank. most people overfill it.
2. buy fish that actually go together, all tropical or all not tropical, none that will eat each other etc.
3. have a running filter. sooo much easier to upkeep than stagnant.
Thanks! I will ask a few friends with fish too, and I will do some research!

I have a pretty small one, maybe 5-6 gallons? Little over 2 feet long 1 foot wide, I guess I am wondering what are good fish breeds for beginners mostly, any advice you think will be helpful! I will take a look at the website you mentioned. Thanks!
There are a few good beginner fish species.
Mollies are good fun and are livebearers so they will have live babies.(cute)
Guppies are also fun and don't need a heap of space.
Personally if I was starting again I would stick with livebearers. They're just more hardy and reliable, plus their cheap. Everyone loses some fish when they first start. It's normal.
There are some fish which are small and look really pretty but they're not always the best fish. Neon tetras for example, they will die.

Back
Top Bottom