New in AIKEN SC- Need a coop builder and chicks

newclucker

Chirping
Jun 15, 2008
Hi....we have recently moved here to Aiken SC and I'm looking for someone to build a coop and chicks to buy. Anyone in the area who knows where I can get hooked up?? Thanks! Debra in Aiken

Hello Mrs. Debra! Yes ma'am, I can help with the chicks. Tractor supply and Ace hardware sell chicks this time of year. What are you wanting chicks for? Meat, eggs, pets, etc?
You can also hatch your own chicks. You would need an incubator and fertile hatching eggs! I can provide those. I have Easter eggers.

Hi and thanks for responding! I am looking for a coop that is a bit more well built than the TC kind. Hoping there is a coop builder near by. The chicks would be for eggs. Wanting pullets that are about 5-7 weeks old, but not until I have a sturdy coop!

Hi and thanks for responding! I am looking for a coop that is a bit more well built than the TC kind. Hoping there is a coop builder near by. The chicks would be for eggs. Wanting pullets that are about 5-7 weeks old, but not until I have a sturdy coop!
You're very welcome! Yes, those are not the most sturdy. I use an old hunting blind for my coop. It's a six by six. Well, there is a man in Hendersonville that sells 8 week old pullets for $15. His are supposed to be really good!! Great plan to have a sturdy coop first! It really just depends on how much you are willing to spend and if you have any scraps laying around as well.

I am in Evans GA and wonder if you ever found a good builder for your chicken coop? I am now searching for someone to design and build one for me.
Erika in Evans

Back
Top Bottom